REcolorado Core Services
Your Listing. You Decide.
Syndicating Your Listings with REcolorado
As a REcolorado subscriber, YOU determine where your listings are displayed. REcolorado's syndication program -- Your Listing. You Decide. -- allows you to make listing-by-listing choices based on your client's preferences, as well as the marketing strategy you determine is best for their listing. Plus, with Listing Metrics, you can keep your client informed about how much activity their listing is seeing on the internet.
|View Syndication Resources >>|
|View Syndication Training >>|
REcolorado Syndication Program
Syndication is a fancy term used for the process of distributing listing information around the internet. Listing information is sent to third-party publishers, which include sites such as Homes.com, Realtor.com, Zillow.com, and Trulia.com. These sites, and many others, display real estate listings, but are not broker or agent sites that use IDX. REcolorado.com is also not a syndication site, but our own home search site.
Syndication is not an automatic process, but is within a broker’s control. Through the REcolorado Syndication Program, you can select syndication channels as you enter each of your listings in the Matrix MLS system.
There are benefits to syndication, but there are also drawbacks. The exposure your listing can get on national websites can be a benefit when it’s part of your marketing strategy. However, the more widely a listing is distributed, or syndicated, the more it becomes out of your control, making it difficult to update or remove.
The REcolorado Syndication Program protects our subscribers and your listing data with thoughtfully negotiated syndication agreements. Each syndication partner is required to keep all the listing information received through REcolorado up-to-date. If a change is made to the listing details or status, it must be updated on their website within a specific time frame. If you discover incorrect information through one of our syndication partners, REcolorado can assist you to have this information corrected.
Make certain you’re informed. Learn all you can about syndication so you can educate your clients, and protect yourself.
- Take a look at our Evaluating Your Syndication Options as you consider the pros and cons of the syndication channels that are available.
- Understand how listings are syndicated through different Syndication Pathways.
- Use the Syndication Checklist to talk through the syndication process with your clients.
- Include information about online advertising in your listing presentations: Advertise Locally (PDF) or Advertise Locally (PowerPoint)
Syndication Training and Education
- How to Change Internet Display and Syndication Settings
- How to Select Office Syndication Settings
- How to View Office-Selected Syndication Channels
- Syndication Frequently Asked Questions
- REcolorado Professionals Blog Syndication Posts
- Syndication Options Within Listing Input