One of the first steps to buying a new Colorado home is getting your financial questions answered. Use our mortgage calculators to get estimates based on your data. While these calculators can provide a useful estimate as you're getting started, they cannot replace more in-depth evaluations that your real estate broker can provide. Estimates are based on standard formulas and data available only, but cannot weigh the human element of real estate. For the best results, contact your agent.
Use information about your finances to
calculate monthly mortgage payments.
Use the Mortgage Calculator
Enter your income and expenses to
determine the best budget for your new home.
Use the Affordability Calculator
Rent v. Buy Calculator
Find out whether renting or buying a
home makes more financial sense.
Rent or Buy
Use our mortgage calculators to estimate your mortgage payment, including taxes, insurance, and other monthly costs. Simply enter price and down payment to see a breakdown of your mortgage payments. By adjusting these numbers, you can see how different factors, like down payment or HOA fees, impact your overall monthly payment.See definitions of the terms used in this calculator
Answer your Financial and Mortgage Questions
Understanding all of the factors that impact your monthly payment is important before applying for a mortgage. While this mortgage calculator can give you a useful starting point, it cannot replace an in-depth conversation with your agent or lender.
Your real estate agent can help you understand different home loan options available based on your financial situation. And when you're ready for the next step, your agent can connect you with a qualified local lender.To answer your specific mortgage questions, connect with a real estate agent.
Mortgage Calculator Definitions
- Home Price – Enter the purchase price. This could either be the price on the listing or the amount you will offer.
- Down Payment – This is the amount of money you will pay up front for the home. A higher down payment will lower the monthly payment. Make sure your down payment meets any minimum required by the lender.
- Interest Rate – This number is based on current average mortgage rate, but may vary depending on your financial situation, credit score, down payment, or lender.
- Loan Term – This is how long it will take you to pay off the home loan.
- HOA/mo – This field can be used to include any Home Owners Association (HOA) fees or other monthly fees for the property.
- Home Insurance – insurance is often required by lenders. You can remove this from the calculation by clicking the box labeled “Remove Mortgage Insurance.”
- Property Tax – Property tax is estimated based on the home’s value. You can edit this number.